The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Monday, August 20, 2007

F.I.F.O.

No, this isn't going to be a post about inventory recognition accounting. It's just a Fair Isle Finished Object.

Started on Thursday, finished today. Yes, there is something addicting about knitting Fair Isle. The pattern is from Interweave Knits special edition "Knitted Gifts" from last winter. Done in stash yarn, aka Lion Brand Wool Ease / Plymouth Encore. On US 5's. The ties were supposed to be crocheted chains but since I'd never made an I-cord, I decided to try that instead. Andy was suitably impressed with the I-cords. I was under the delusion that this was a baby hat but apparently it's a hat for a "medium sized child" whatever that means.

Anyway, it was fun and now I'm off to start another one. Just to make sure this wasn't a fluke and all.

8 Comments:

  • At 4:44 AM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    Nice! And, if Andy approves, then it is clearly a winner. "FIFO" may replace "Bripple" today as my favorite random word...

     
  • At 4:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's a FANTASTIC hat. If you make another, my birthday is coming up soon. And I wear a man's medium. You know, in case you were wanting a REASON to knit another. :)
    I see working at the yarn shop is giving you motivation to knit.

     
  • At 11:10 AM, Blogger Cookie said…

    Totally fab, but what does this mean for the sweater of many charts?

     
  • At 9:32 PM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said…

    Wow. I am impressed. And I think you should make one for Dave, because we all like Dave.

     
  • At 10:26 PM, Blogger Monkee Maker said…

    Great hat. Do you think if someone tried really really hard it could fit a rather large adult head?? (I'm blessed that way)

    So now you don't want a pink monkey? Now my heart, she is broken too!

     
  • At 11:37 PM, Blogger Monkee Maker said…

    Shame, I was looking forward to the most witty and funny thing ever .... and by god I think you could have pulled it off!

     
  • At 3:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Having copyedited some management accounting textbooks, the term FIFO did scare me off a little. But I'm back.

    Very cute hat!

     
  • At 6:51 PM, Blogger catsmum said…

    There is no "just" when it comes to anything Fair Isle.
    Fabulous hat ... so far I've escaped the FI addiction, but I DO like to admire other folk's efforts.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home