The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Fair Isle Fever

Please bear with me as I ride the wave of Fair Isle Fever, currently running rampant at Chez Insanity. It's that whole multiple color thing that's got me jazzed. That and this website. Which has 1,999 free patterns, not all of which are Fair Isle but a good portion are. Also adding to the fever is one of our new yarns in the store, Rowan Pure Wool DK. What's not to love about a yarn that comes in a bazillion different colorways, is reasonably priced, and is machine washable?

Currently fueling the F.I.F. is this pattern. I'd show you a picture of my particular version but ACK I left it at job #1. I'm doing mine in the traditional pirate colors of pink and purple. In alpaca. This will probably be the only Fair Isle hat I'll do in alpaca, we need crisp stitches, not halo-y stitches. But it was stash yarn and I needed a sport weight, blah, blah, blah.

Once that's done, it's on to a special request hat. In these colors.

Can anyone guess who the person is that will be the recipient of this hat? Go ahead, take a guess. The first person who leaves a comment guessing the correct individual will win, umm, I dunno, yarn? Note to the intended recipient - if you leave a comment guessing yourself you do not win a prize. You're getting a hat. Don't be greedy.

4 Comments:

  • At 5:02 AM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    Pink 'n Purple Pirate Hat! Genius!!!

    I'm guessing Victor's new trainer is the intended recipient...Dressage is kinda hard and all.

     
  • At 10:29 AM, Blogger Cookie said…

    I know it's not me because I don't do hats. :p

    I vote Dave.

    So... how's the sweater of doom going?

    /runs

     
  • At 12:30 PM, Blogger Ronni said…

    I want to guess Victor only that last comment kinda makes me wonder. On the other hand, you might be trying to muddy the waters with that comment. So I'm stickin' with Victor. (He'd look adorable in a pirate hat too.)

    Love the pirate hat in pink and purple! I do hope you'll show it off as soon as it is done.

     
  • At 12:48 PM, Blogger Monkee Maker said…

    I'm guessing the name of the hat recipient is Tony/Toni.

    Or at least someone you know well enough to know their head size.

    Did I win any yarn?

    (And if the hat is for me ;-) I think I already mentioned my bonce is quite large)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home