The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Friday, May 04, 2007

Happy Horse

Good news from the barn! I put Victor out in the sand pen tonight to roam about while I cleaned his stall. Five minutes after I put him in there a girl started screaming, "April, April! Look at Victor!"

Well he must have thought he was in the Kentucky Derby because he was tearing around that arena like I've never seen. Then he'd stop, snort, throw out a few bucks, a couple kicks and away he'd go again. This went on for a good 15 minutes and it's the first time I've ever seen him act like what he really is, a four year old Thoroughbred.

Everyone was watching him and cheering. To say I'm beyond happy is an understatement. Sometimes miracles do happen.

Pictures tomorrow of my "wild child."

7 Comments:

  • At 3:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yay for Victor!

     
  • At 3:15 AM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    Now, bear in mind that I am something of a crusty, old gal...not given to attacks of the "mushies."

    But, I have to admit that I got a little misty eyed when I read this one. Yay for Victor and yay for foster Moms who go the extra mile!!!

     
  • At 4:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That IS great news! It makes me wonder, given his foot troubles, if the sand is easier on his feet. Can you get the horsie pediatrist to have a look?
    I can only imagine how excititing it must have been when you heard the excited little girl calling your name.

     
  • At 4:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yay!

     
  • At 8:18 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Awesome!

     
  • At 2:08 PM, Blogger Cookie said…

    Woo-Hoo!

     
  • At 5:01 PM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said…

    His feet and general health must definitely be improving!! What great news. And what a sight that must have been. Now you stop and pat yerself on the back a bit, girl.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home