The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Knitting A.D.D.

See how nice I am? I didn't even make you scroll through all my mumbo jumbo to check out what the Sock Yarn Of Three Days! was. I would also like to draw your attention to my lovely color coordinating job once again. From left to right we have Regia "Plus Cotton" in a lovely blue and white colorway, very Martha's Vineyard if you ask me, Cavyshop's superwash DK weight in the "I Have No Idea" colorway and finally Furryarn's MaineBear Sox in the colorway "Jungle." That's a rather crappy picture of the Furryarn yarn, this is a better one. Pretty, eh?

In non-knitting news, I attended a free "How To Crochet Socks" class today at Yarndogs in Los Gatos. It was only a one hour class but it was fun. The particular sock we were making calls for you to make the cuff first as a flat piece of fabric, stitch it up the back and then pick up the stitches to go down the foot. Allow me to mention that the class was held OUTDOORS. *Snicker* Will I become an afficionado of crocheted socks? Not likely, it's all single crochet. Speaking of socks ...

Almost at the toe decreases on this baby. Once again, this is Fearless Fibers sportweight in the colorway "Chocolate Pink Cherry." If I'm not mistaken I'm giving away a skein of this. It's lovely yarn, very squishy. Why is the title of this post Knitting A.D.D.? Because not only did I work on this sock today, plus the crocheted sock I also worked on this.

The scarf formerly known as "Dainty Bess" but which is now known as "Dave's Scarf" since he has claimed ownership, continues to grow. I'm not quite sure why Dave wants this scarf other than the fact he dyed the yarn. Perhaps he's out of dishtowels? Regardless, it's his since I never keep anything I make anyway. What would be the point of that?

11 Comments:

  • At 12:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The scarf is beautiful and the sock yarn is very cute.

     
  • At 3:47 AM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    Outside???????????? I remember "outside." It's that place that didn't used to be ten degrees and covered in snow. I seem to recall that I liked it there for short periods of time.

    The ADD seems to have worked out for you...some nice looking projects you have going on!

     
  • At 6:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Love the scarf!

    You really are a mean one, April; we have not been able to stay outdoors for more than a few minutes in what seems like forever! Can't wait for some warmth.

     
  • At 8:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeah, I tried the crochet sock idea. Interesting, but I think any one who can actually knit would rather have a knit sock. The crochet was too lumpy underfoot, I thought. That scarf is lovely.

     
  • At 9:05 AM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said…

    The scarf is fabuloso. So is the Jungle yarn, wow.

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY (as it's now Monday) APRIL!

     
  • At 9:32 AM, Blogger Renee said…

    The scarf is lovely!

    As for doing SC socks - yuck! I hate doing SC!

     
  • At 11:35 AM, Blogger Craft Kitten said…

    I just started my first crocheted sock too! from the "Crocheted Socks!" book tho, not a class. I think if I tried to crochet outside today Id get blown away...

     
  • At 11:49 AM, Blogger Cookie said…

    If I had known that, I would have claimed it the other day. /pouts

    Too sunny to go outside.

     
  • At 7:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The scarf is just lovely and Dave has impeccable tastes. I need to go back and see which yarn weight you're using of his. I have some 100% silk carnival from Cabin Cove and this a beautiful pattern... translation: I might be copying you! I hate crocheting. It makes my hands hurt.

     
  • At 7:55 PM, Blogger monica said…

    That is a beautiful scarf and I like the sock too. What a gorgeous color.

     
  • At 8:44 PM, Blogger Mauren Mureaux said…

    Simply gorgeous work on the scarf. Wow!

    ~Suz~

     

Post a Comment

<< Home