The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Falling Apart

This afternoon I decided to go in search of charcoal pills. Theoretically, charcoal pills are supposed to remove toxins from your body. And since I seem to be harboring more toxins than most people these days I figured I'd best go get some.

First I went to Rite-Aid. I searched high, I searched low. But alas, no charcoal pills. That was OK, Long's Drugs was on the way home. I would check there. Again I scoured the shelves looking for the pills that would allow me to refrain from visiting the bathroom every 30 minutes. I know, too much information. Nothing. I asked the pharmacist who assured me she knew exactly where they were. Could she find them? No.

If nothing else, I am tenacious. Especially when I feel like I've been run over by a truck and want to feel better NOW. Next to Long's Drugs there was a Whole Foods. Heck, if anyone had charcoal pills, it would be Whole Foods. So there I am, strolling the Dietary Supplements aisle when I hear a tiny "clink clink." And then a male voice behind me saying, "Excuse me Ma'am, but something just fell out of your head."

Yes, I am ill. On death's doorstep some would say. But have parts of my body begun to fall off? I am a well padded girl, the chances of any of my parts going "clink clink" are slim to non-existent.

Looking down at the floor I spot the "clink clinker." A metallic gold cable needle. I don't know which is more frightening. That I've begun to store cable needles in my hair or that half of Campbell saw me walking around today with a cable needle stuck in my head.

But there are valid reasons for me to store cable needles in my hair. First, I have a little brown tabby kitten who loves all things remotely metal. And second of all, I started this last night and have been happily working away on it ever since. And it requires a cable needle.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Yes, another scarf. This is the Besotted Scarf from Hello Yarns. It wasn't until I started working it up that I understood why it was called "besotted." I'm thinking it has something to do with all the X's and O's. Kisses, hugs, kisses, hugs. Just a *little* slow these days. I'm using an Italian yarn called "Granada" that I bought from Herrschner's at the much marked down price of $2.99 a ball. It's kind of a strange creature in that it's pink eyelash yarn encased in a white mesh yarn. So occasionally you get these little escaped eyelashes that give it almost a mohair appearance. 60% cotton and 40% nylon on size 8 needles. Gauge is bang on. Go figure.

And here we have further proof that the world really is just a giant cat toy. Andy with his new acquisition.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

An empty strawberry basket.

4 Comments:

  • At 4:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    oh April!
    oh dear, I'm sorry but that was funny. You had it in your hair all day? :)
    I hope you find what you were looking for!
    And good luck on the project. It's looking great.

     
  • At 8:23 PM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Cats play with just about anything when they are little!

    How's the sock bag? Have you put any sock yarn in it yet?

     
  • At 9:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh dear! I hope you're feeling better soon!

    LoL! A needle falling out of your hair?! Isn't that just great when strangers catch you at odd moments in your life?! Oye!

     
  • At 10:28 AM, Blogger Marie said…

    Girl, you amaze me with your prolific knitting life! How on earth you got that far on your scarf in one day makes me realize I have got to find more time to knit. This "Life" stuff is just cutting into my knitting time!!! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home