The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Back Sorta

Well here I am, back again. Still rather ill but on the mend. Hey, that kind of rhymes, doesn't it?

I have not done any knitting or crocheting since Sunday so I have no updated WIP pictures to share. However, there is new yarn in the house so we can take a look at that.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

As luck would have it (or not), my physical therapy office is located two blocks down from Yarndogs, in Los Gatos. The traffic Gods were smiling on me on Tuesday so since I had some time to kill ... I believe, but don't quote me, that this is a *new* yarn from Plymouth. It's 100% nylon and is without a doubt the softest, squishiest yarn I've ever felt. The name "Oh My!" is totally appropriate. It's a chunky weight (recommended knitting needle size - 10) and at least at Yarndogs, very reasonably priced ($5.55). I wuv it.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I really liked the color of this yarn when I bought it. I really liked the scarf pattern I bought to go along with it. Now I like neither. I am a fickle girl sometimes. Here's hoping I can exchange it for something I'll like for more than a day.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The second Yarndogs purchase. Another yarn I love, especially the price ($5.55). And the fact that it comes in 100g balls (200 yards). I much prefer this yarn over Lion Brand's Wool-Ease which is the same blend of 75% acrylic and 25% wool. Actually I think Wool-Ease is 80/20. So there, an extra 5% of wool at probably half the cost of the Lion Brand counterpart. This wonderful yarn will be used to make this.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This is a child's sweater and no, I don't have any children. But I love knitting baby and children's sweaters since they go up so fast. Well relatively fast. Not crochet fast, but you know, quick. Plus they're just so dang cute. Especially when it's an Aran sweater on a little boy. Can't you just see him in his Oxford grey dress pants, a grey Aran sweater and shiny black shoes? A scholarly five year old, just what the world needs.

4 Comments:

  • At 4:49 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    That's a reallyprety pattern. Wonder how it would look on the Neatnik...

     
  • At 8:14 AM, Blogger Renee said…

    April, I'm so sorry you haven't felt well, and I hope that you'll be up and at it in no time. BTW, I think the green yarn is pretty, but then I'm sort of a green girl. Except today, I'm a tie-dye girl. It's graduation, so I dress special, hehe.

     
  • At 11:08 AM, Blogger April said…

    trek,

    i'd be more than happy to pick you up a copy the next time i'm in yarndogs. it has sizes for 1-2 years, 3-4 years and 5-6 years.

     
  • At 11:09 AM, Blogger April said…

    renee,

    oh sure, tell me you like green yarn AFTER i've packed up your summer scarf. dang.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home