The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Whose Idea Was This?



Ok, so maybe trying to do 8 hats in one weekend was a bit of overkill. Here are the last two, finished last night amidst much growling and snarling. I think I'll take a wee bit of a break from doing any more UBW hats even though the pattern is dead simple. And at least I used up a fair amount of my stash. Not enough to warrant doing any major yarn purchasing but ha, when did that ever stop me?



Today was payday (thank goodness) so I got to go buy the yarn I needed to finish this monstrosity on the left. This is truly one of the ugliest hats I've ever seen and I'm amazed I'm even posting it in my blog. But since I started it, I had to finish it. It looks like something Zsa Zsa Gabor would have worn on "Green Acres." But I do like the colors. I'm just hoping the novelty of novelty yarn wears off soon and we can all go back to crocheting with plain old worsted weight yarn. After hearing all the horror stories from people who had worked with eyelash yarn before I was expecting the worst. It wasn't that bad though. I'm sure I missed a few stitches but since this hat WILL NEVER BE WORN OUTSIDE THE HOUSE, who cares?



So now I'm going back to working on this little project. This is one of the squares I've made for the Crochetdude's "Monet Afghan." I'm working it up in good ol' Red Heart Super Saver because that's the only worsted weight yarn I could find in variegated colors I liked. And since this afghan is supposed to look like one of Monet's paintings I thought it appropriate to use the color "Waterlilies." I think I've done five squares - only seven more to go!

2 Comments:

  • At 10:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Isn't eyelash yarn the craziest?!

    Your monet square looks lovely. Is the pattern posted at crochet dudes website?

     
  • At 10:41 AM, Blogger April said…

    Hi Sue!

    Eyelash yarn is the most bizarre stuff I've ever worked with, but I love, love, love the bright colors it comes in.

    And yes, the pattern for the Monet afghan is on Drew's website under "Free Patterns." That guy is way too talented.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home