The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Sunday, March 01, 2009

Apparently ...

... I did nothing worth mentioning in the entire month of February. Even turning a year older wasn't worthy of note. For the record however, I'm at the last stop before 50. At which point I plan on throwing myself off the coffee table because frankly, I don't want to be 50.

There has been some mad crocheting going on here at Chez Insanity though. If you can consider two lap blankets in one month "mad crocheting." I'm beginning to think that 2009 will known as the "Year Of Creating Mindlessly." To wit, Brain Dead Afghan #1.

And to wit again, Brain Dead Afghan #2.

BDA #1 is for the friend who is sharing custody of Mouzz, The World's Best Rat EVER. In crocheting a lap blanket for someone who is 6' 4" tall, one must consider cost. Therefore, you see before you the beauty of Vanna's Choice 100% Ickrylic. At $3.00 a ball and with a life span of 8 bazillion years, this is truly a good deal. And it comes in some decent colors. AND it barely squeaks.

BDA #2 is for the Absurdly Ginormous Kitty, child of the always hilarious Sheepish Annie. In an attempt to make the AGK look a trifle smaller than he actually is, I chose colors that would blend with his beautiful coat of orange and white. Resulting in an afghan that looks as though it was crocheted in 1972. But for now, I am a little weary of the Brain Dead Afghan so he'll have to live with it until I'm inspired to create him a new one.

Switching from crochet to knitting, next up is the latest project, The Insanity Blanket.

Yes, it's a little small but I only started it yesterday. Over the past two years or so I seem to have accumulated a bit of Koigu in the old stash. Combine this with the fact that I'm on a bit of a blanket craze these days and it seemed only natural to start the Sock Yarn Blanket. Not only natural, but insane as well. Each of my little squares is 3 1/2". I'm not even going to try and calculate how many I'll need to make a blankie. Because then I'd just get discouraged and quit. Which would deprive me of the need to buy more Koigu. And that was the plan all along.

4 Comments:

  • At 10:21 PM, Blogger catsmum said…

    you're right - that IS insane - in a good way

     
  • At 4:40 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Happy belated b-day.

    Blankie creation seems to be good therapy - and you get the added bonus of something useful at the end of your "sessions".

     
  • At 10:57 AM, Blogger aija said…

    Happy belated birthday!

     
  • At 12:14 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    It's perfect!!!! It's exactly what I pictured!!! The AGK is sleeping right now and I'm not going to show it to him. I want it to be a surprise. He has earned it after all his hard working playing nursemaid to mommy lately.

    You don't have to be 50 if you don't want to. I've been in my 20-20's for a while now. It was the logical step numerically once I finished my 20-10's.

    Math can be kind if you let it. And don't get all caught up in the rules of a base ten system...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home