The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Mouzz!!!

Here he is! The rat formerly known as Soul but now known as Mouzz. He just didn't seem spiritual enough to be called Soul. But really, how would you know if a rat was spiritual or not? Anyway, Mouzz it is.

He's been a very good boy so far. He's only bitten me once but it wasn't that big of a deal. I've been bitten by horses, anything less than that isn't really worth talking about. Mouzz is particularly fond of yogurt chips and peanuts. But, as you can see from the pictures, he's kind of a full size rattie. Actually he almost looks like a guinea pig, doesn't he? Gracious me.

I've been trying to spend as much time as I can with him but since he doesn't live with me (THANKS, ANDY) it hasn't been easy. I think he likes me though. He'll sit in my lap and give himself a bath. I've also been the recipient of a few rattie kisses and occasionally he'll perch on my shoulder. Since I've only had him a week I think we're doing OK.

Plans are in the works to get Mouzz a friend (tentatively named "Plague") once I get the funds together for a new and improved cage. Ratties need a LOT of space. And since Mouzz is neutered we'll probably go for a girl rattie. I'm beginning to think ratties are like the best pets EVER. Just don't tell DeeDee and Andy I said that.

On the knitting front there's not much to report. I'm working on a plain ol' stockinette sock and that's about it. I am not the inspired knitter these days. Rather depressing, really ... However! There is something mildly exciting happening on Tuesday. Well maybe "mildly" might be a stretch. Tuesday, January 27th is my 3 year bloggin' anniversary. See what I mean about "mildly" being a stretch? Anyway there will be a "leave a comment that day, win fabulous prizes" contest. If for no other other reason than I think this is the first time I've remembered my anniversary. Go figure.

6 Comments:

  • At 4:00 PM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    Don't forget to give Mouzz enough protein. I sort of blew that dietary rule with my former roomie. Poor Romeo...

    I'd say that a three year anniversary is most exciting!!! Celebrate with the raising of glasses and slices of chocolate cake!!!!!

     
  • At 9:41 PM, Blogger Valerie Polichar said…

    oh, look how CUTE. I love rats. BTW if you want to look at more cute pictures of rats, check out Jen's blog at http://www.folkcatart.com/blogs/jen/

    I'm excited about your blogging anniversary. I've missed all of mine because I don't know when it is... Blogger ate my first few posts a while back. Harrumph. Not that I'm bitter.

    How's the new job?

     
  • At 4:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Mouzz is so cute. Ratties really are great pets; I miss mine :-(

     
  • At 5:24 AM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Three years! Congratulations.

    Rodents do make interesting pets.

    How's the new job?

     
  • At 3:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Has it really been 3 years? Amazing!

    Love the pictures of Mouzz.

     
  • At 10:19 PM, Blogger catsmum said…

    ohh botheration I missed your blogiversary
    hope it was a good one!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home