The Weaving Inn

Home to the knitting world's anti-Finisher. Kind of like the anti-Christ, but with a smaller following.

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Unraveled

There are some people (anal, obsessive compulsive, geeky) who should not be allowed access to particular websites (Ravelry). On my dining room table sits two weeks worth of unread mail. I now know the dye lots of almost every skein of yarn I own. See the problem?

Yes, knitting fans, Ravelry opened it's door and I waltzed in. Why am I, the anti-follower, a little stoked? Because now, on the odd occasion (every day) when I am perusing patterns at work I can instantly check my online stash to see if I have a suitable yarn. I'm not really there for the forums or the groups or the display of F.O.'s. No, I just wanna know what's hiding in my Rubbermaid containers at home.

Sure, I uploaded a few pics of F.O.'s just to prove I could actually knit but the majority of my effort has been spent inputting my stash. And heck, I certainly seem to have a lot of pink and purple yarn. And single skeins. I mean really, would it kill me to actually buy more than one ball of yarn at a time? Or perhaps my subconscious has been contemplating a descent into Fair Isle madness for some time now.

So moving along ... Here we have today's addition to the ol' stasharoonie.

Knit Picks Merino Style in the colorway "Mint", dye lot 84289. I also bought a ball in the colorway "Iris", dye lot 9918. Fair Isle. Yeah, yeah. Still on that kick. In fact, my Pink & Purple Pirate 'Paca Hat is almost done! Like 12 more rows, knit the liner and presto, another hat I'll never wear. Why that's almost as exciting as photographing balls of yarn. Woe is me, dudes. Woe.

5 Comments:

  • At 4:31 AM, Blogger Sheepish Annie said…

    I joined Ravelry 'cuz that's what all the cool kidz were doin'. Now, I'm a little scared. There is a lot of homework associated with the whole affair. And what if it's like MySpace and my only friend is Tom????? Will I be put up as a bad example of a Raveler and shamed for all to see if I forget to photograph all my FOs and stash?

    This is a great deal of pressure for me. But I feel better knowing that I'm not the only one who has all those single skeins lying around...

     
  • At 11:44 AM, Blogger Cookie said…

    Remember why you stopped doing the lace knit along thingy? Those same assholes are at Ravelry... and worse. Stopping now before I begin to rant.

    I can't wait to see that hat... and get an update on a certain sweater. Just sayin'...

     
  • At 5:34 AM, Blogger Knittymama said…

    I've been debating whether or not to add my stash to Ravelry. I'm with you, probably won't do much with the forums and such, but the organizing capabilities are quite cool.

     
  • At 11:14 AM, Blogger Monkee Maker said…

    OH MY GOD ARE YOU DEAD YET???

    Hope not, cos your comments are one of the highlights of my day too. Not THE highlight, you understand.

    And Ravelry? That's big here at the moment aswell. I had a look but don't really get it.

    Maybe you could explain. In under ten words.

     
  • At 4:01 PM, Blogger sheep#100 said…

    Congrats - I'm still about 7666 people back in line.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home